Our careers. Join the Fight. Live United
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We bring people and resources together to tackle complex issues and develop lasting solutions to help our community thrive. We would love for you to join us. See what careers we have to offer. We can't wait to meet you! Join the fight. Live United.
LABOR LIAISON-ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Position Overview: The Labor Liaison/Engagement Associate will be the lead staff in fostering positive relationships with labor union leaders and members, will provide support for our Volunteer Center as it relates to labor and other potential volunteer groups, and will provide support for our Resource Development work as it relates to labor and other appropriate organizations as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide staff leadership for the Labor Engagement Council (LEC). Working with LEC Chair to grow the participation and impact of this group as it relates to connecting with organized labor, informing United Way’s work about the needs of working people, increasing volunteerism and fundraising. Staff all events planned by the LEC.
- Establish and maintain dialogue between United Way of Greater Lafayette and local union leaders and membership.
- Identify, cultivate and develop Organizational and Individual Donors within assigned divisions
- Recruit and support volunteers that lead the Contractors and Building Trades division. Ensure union participation in the Campaign Cabinet each year.
- Work with local non-profit organizations to keep the Volunteer Center webpage and portal current with news stories, special features, event listing, volunteer highlights, and volunteer opportunities. Work with marketing department to promote Volunteer Center throughout the year via newsletter, social media, etc... >> more
DONOR ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Position Overview: Successfully engage all donors in a personal and meaningful way through the use of technology. Under the direction of the Director of Resource Development and in consultation with the Marketing Department, execute the 5 -Touch Donor Engagement Plan as well as United Way Campaign engagement events, assuring delivery of a
seamless year-round donor engagement strategy.
Essential Job Functions
- Intuitive technology savvy in relationship to Salesforce, data mining, mail merge, proofing, and professional printed/electronic communication production for donor engagement, growth and retention.
- Exceptional written communication skills to create engaging donor communications including thank you notes, solicitation letters, invitations, and impact communications.
- Ensure Individual Donor Engagement (IDE) plan is executed annually with attention to executing all 5 touches in a timely and intentional manner.
- Execute event plans for all United Way Campaign events in partnership with the Resource Development Director... >> more
Please send resume to email@example.com
Make the grade with United Way! Interships are a great way to get real-world expereience under your belt and on to your resume. The best part about joining our team at United Way is that you will gain valuable quanitifiable skills while helping your community. You will also increase your network and your networth! You may even have the opportunity to earn credits towards your degree. Here are a list of available positions:
Marketing & Communications Team - Work directly with the Marketing & Communication Associate to create materials that connect people with the work and impact of United Way of Greater Lafayette and promote personal engagement of supporters with our initiatives and volunteer opportunities. This position is responsible for enhancing our internal and external communications initiatives to improve how we connect with the Greater Lafayette community, the media, and our donors. >> more
Graphic Designer- Create visual concepts, by hand or using Adobe Creative Suite, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. This position works directly with the Communication Associate to develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, invitations, brochures, e-marketing messages, website graphics and corporate reports...
Videographer- Produce a full range of video products to enhance marketing efforts for United Way of Greater Lafayette. Help individual donors, funded partner organizations, and corporate partners connect to the mission via social media.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org