we help parents become their first & best teachers
Did you know your child’s brain is mostly developed by age 5?
Learning starts long before school. From birth, kids are building the important skills—social, emotional, language, physical and intellectual — they need for life. Loving, nurturing relationships matter most. Parents, grandparents and caregivers can use everyday moments as learning moments.
Bornlearning Academy will help families learn how to strengthen their child’s foundation for success in school, work and life. It’s a series of 6 free family workshops that provide parents with tools and resources to turn everyday activities into early learning moments. The workshops are at night in local schools, and food and child care are both provided. Plus, you’ll get lots of fun activities to do with your child to help them learn — anywhere, anytime.
For more information about this program, please contact Maureen Keller.
Register for a Bornlearning Academy today!
It's easy and fun to provide early learning opportunities for your young child. You can do it anytime, anywhere - it's learning on the go!
Here are a few ideas to turn ordinary daily activities into eye-opening experiences for your child.
- Learning on the go - at home
- Learning on the go - while traveling
- Learning on the go - in public places
- Recipes for learning
- Make reading fun
- Fun games with songs
Your Child's development Milestones
All children are born learning, and we want to encourage them at every age and stage of development!
From birth through the toddler years, there are so many things families can do to inspire children to love learning.
Click the links below to download information about Your Child's Development Milestones
- Your Child at Birth
- Your Child at 2 Months Old
- Your Child at 4 to 6 Months Old
- Your Child at 6 to 9 Months Old
- Your Child at 9 to 12 Months Old
- Your Child at 12 to 18 Months Old
- Your Child at 18 to 24 Months Old
- Your Child at 24 to 36 Months Old
- Your Child at 3 Years Old
- Your Child at 4 Years Old
- Your Child at 5 years Old
What is the Born Learning Trail?
The Born Learning Trail captures 10 fun outdoor games on engaging signs to help parents and caregivers create learning opportunities for a young child.
This interactive trail helps to boost school readiness with games that are placed along the trail to reinforce learning and promote physical activity.
We have 2 trails in Greater Lafayette:
- Hanna Park - N 18th St, Lafayette, IN 47906
- Columbian Park - 1915 Scott St, Lafayette, IN 47906